Many traditional carpet cleaning methods use some type of soap, shampoo or chemical cleaning agent, which is pressure-injected into the carpet with hot water. This cleaning solution penetrates the carpet fibers to bond with the soil and stains. Then, this dirty mixture is drawn back out of the carpet with a suction device.
During the extraction process, most of the liquefied soil and cleaning solution is pulled out of the carpet fibers. However, a significant portion of the cleaning mixture remains behind. As the water slowly evaporates and the carpet dries, the residual soap and chemicals dry into the carpet fibers. It is this residue that gives the carpet a stiff, sticky, hard or “crunchy” texture.
It is quite similar to how your hair would feel if you rubbed shampoo into it but did not properly rinse the shampoo out. When your hair dried, it would not feel soft and clean. It would feel stiff and sticky because some of the shampoo residue would still be attached to your hair.
A “crunchy” carpet is actually a sign of worse things to come…
In a carpet, the sticky residue not only stiffens the fibers and makes them crunchy, it also acts as a powerful magnet for dirt and grime. This is why carpets cleaned with traditional methods become re-soiled so quickly. Even vacuuming the carpet will not release the soil stuck to the residue within the fibers.
In addition to causing rapid re-soiling, the cleaning residue left in the carpet can come in contact with babies, children or pets that lie or play on the carpet surface. The dried residue can irritate the skin and lead to rashes and itching. It can also be inhaled or ingested, causing breathing concerns and sickness.
Why doesn’t the Carpet Tech just use more Rinse?
Many carpet technicians, including inexperienced do-it-yourselfers, often do use a prolonged water rinse in an effort to extract the residual cleaning solution from the carpet. However, carpet shampoo and other traditional cleaning agents are difficult to remove. And unfortunately, repeated rinse attempts often bring about unexpected and negative consequences.
Excessive rinsing leads to over-wetting, which in turn leads to the saturation of the carpet and underlying pad. A saturated carpet and pad can take several days to dry completely. A slow-drying carpet is not only annoying and disruptive to a household, it can also lead to the growth and spread of mold and mildew. Not exactly what you had in mind when you were aiming for a cleaner carpet.
Zerorez helps you avoid all these Carpet Cleaning Issues
Our name, Zerorez, really does say it all. Zerorez is short for “Zero Residue.” That’s because our patented cleaning method leaves no residue behind. We get your carpets amazingly clean without the use of high-residue soaps, detergents, shampoos or chemicals.
Zerorez uses a revolutionary and environmentally-friendly carpet cleaning technology known as Powered Water. Our Powered Water is enhanced water that is electrolyzed and oxidized to create a very powerful, yet safe and non-toxic, cleaning solution. This patented technology is exclusive to Zerorez.
We apply Powered Water to the carpet fibers using a pressure spray, which loosens embedded dirt while eliminating a wide range of germs, pathogens and bacteria. We then remove the emulsified soil with our powerful suction wand, leaving just a trace of the extraction water on the carpet surface…which dries very quickly and without any residue.
The Zerorez Difference…
- Your carpet will stay cleaner longer – our patented Powered Water unlocks embedded soil from your carpet while killing germs and bacteria, yet it leaves no residue behind to attract dirt.
- Old spots are far less likely to reappear – our unique cleaning method doesn’t allow moisture to penetrate the carpet backing. This prevents any deep stains in the pad from wicking upward into the carpet fibers.
- Your carpet will dry much faster – our state-of-the-art wand system cleans thoroughly without over-wetting your carpets. This translates into significantly shorter dry times.
- Your home will not be exposed to toxic substances – our cleaning agent is eco-friendly and completely safe for your family and pets. Because it is a water-based solution, there are no harmful chemicals, fumes, or residues to worry about.
- Our technicians are highly-trained professionals – our service techs are carpet cleaning experts who will respect your wishes and your home. They are all uniformed, full-time employees of Zerorez…they are NOT subcontractors.
Nothing cleans more thoroughly than the revolutionary, patented and green Zerorez cleaning system. In fact, Zerorez is rated the #1 cleaning system in the nation by an independent testing laboratory.
Your carpet is a big investment, so don’t trust its care to just anyone. Contact your Atlanta-area Zerorez and have your carpet cleaned the proper way, the residue-free Zerorez way! Just call (770) 242-1313 or click here to schedule your appointment right now.