Is a happy home complete without a furry pet to join the fun?
Many Atlanta area homeowners would argue their pets are an essential element of happy family life. The only problems come in cleaning up pets' mess and dander you find around the house. Here are five ways to control pet hair problems at home.
- Set boundaries. One of the oldest strategies for conquering an enemy is knowing how to contain your nemesis. Try using this strategy for your furry friends by limiting the places your pets are allowed to sit and play. While you might find it difficult — or, in the case of a cat, impossible — to stop your pet from going certain places in your home, any success will lead to easier hair removal.
- Grooming. A great way to cut down on pet dander at home is making sure it never falls on the floor. Get used to brushing your dog or cat so excess pet hair collects to a brush instead of the carpet and floors. Use treats as a reward for pets when they cooperate with this grooming. They are sure to agree to more quick grooming in the future when you offer these tasty incentives.
- Regular vacuuming. Between professional carpet cleanings, your best weapon is regular vacuuming around the house. Regular dirt and pet hair removal means you have a cleaner home, but vacuuming also protects your carpet from wear and tear. Small dirt particles actually cut through carpet fibers, so any way you can remove them prolongs the life of rugs.
- Washable rugs. In the spirit of containing your pet's shedding, establish a favorite place for them to sleep and relax. Once your pet has a favorite blanket or sleeping place, you can easily remove it for cleaning in a washing machine. This method of containment allows you to keep pet dander from collecting allergens, which makes it easier for family members to breathe around the house.
- Proper cleaning. Regular carpet cleaning is crucial if you want to remove the majority of allergens and pet hair on a regular basis, but make sure it is green cleaning. As Animal Planet points out, chemical cleaners can make your pets uncomfortable. Use proper green cleaning to remove pet hair and debris that gathers around your home. Green products perform at the highest level of any cleaning agents on the market.
Pet hair problems will quickly overrun clean homes. Let ZEROREZ® help you contain the problem with a green cleaning formula that is completely free of toxins. You can be sure you have a clean home with happy pets and family when ZEROREZ® does the job.
Image source: Flickr
Areas We Serve
Alpharetta | John's Creek | Marietta | Kennesaw | Cumming | Sandy Springs | Woodstock | Acworth | Roswell | Duluth | Milton | Suwanee | Buford | Flowery Branch | Lawrenceville | Snellville | Stone Mountain | East Cobb | Smyrna | Powder Springs | Douglasville | Peachtree City