When selecting a company to remove the dust and contaminants from your air ducts, you obviously want the most qualified service provider. Asking targeted questions upfront will help you quickly separate the amateurs from the experts. Below are seven important questions to help you select a professional air duct cleaning company:
- Do you use a Duct-Cam? Feeding a video camera into the ducts before any cleaning work begins will allow you, the customer, to see the actual volume of dust and debris inside. Re-feeding the video camera through the ducts after the cleaning procedure provides you the opportunity to verify that the ducts have indeed been thoroughly cleaned.
- Do you create additional Duct Access Points? Rarely is it possible to do a thorough duct cleaning by using just the register and grate openings. Additional access points must be created in order to accommodate a suction hose or cleaning device. If the company does not create additional access points, it is unlikely the ducts will receive an adequate cleaning.
- How Powerful is your Vacuum? Not all vacuum systems are created equal. The vacuum must generate high-powered suction and be designed specifically for air duct cleaning. If the vacuum isn’t strong enough to keep up with the volume of dust and debris that is being dislodged from the ducts, you risk spreading dirty particles all over your home.
- Is all Debris Whisked out of the House? Some air duct companies bring a portable unit into your home to collect the dust. If this unit leaks or spills, your indoor environment will become incredibly polluted – the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve. To prevent dust particles from being released within the home, it is better to use a main vacuum unit that is left outside.
- Do you Clean the Interior Walls of the Ducts? By itself, a vacuum is not effective at dislodging all the dust and debris that is caked on the interior walls of your air ducts. This accumulated contamination is often compacted and requires removal by mechanical means. Only by using rotary whips, brushes, or other specialty devices can your system receive a deep cleaning.
- Do you Disinfect the Ducts after they’ve been Cleaned? It is quite common to find mildew, mold, bacteria, viruses and other harmful substances in ductwork. After removing these contaminants by a methodical cleaning, it is wise to then disinfect the ducts. Not all companies offer this service, and even if they do you want to make sure the disinfectant used is non-toxic and eco-friendly.
- Do you have a Guarantee? A guarantee is part of good customer service. A reputable firm will offer a guarantee that ensures your complete satisfaction. They want you to be pleased with their work in hopes you’ll become a loyal customer and refer them to others.
Zerorez of Atlanta provides Air Duct Cleaning that is a truly second to none, and we hope you will consider us for your duct cleaning needs. That said, we’d like to provide our answers to the above seven questions so you can see exactly how we compare with the competition…
- Do you use a Duct-Cam? Yes. We are proud of our reputation for thoroughness and want to provide the homeowner with a visual inspection of their air ducts. We provide video before and after the cleaning.
- Do you create additional Duct Access Points? Yes. It is the only way to perform a detailed cleaning. We also make sure to completely seal any access panel to ensure the integrity of the duct system.
- How Powerful is your Vacuum? We use the most powerful and effective vacuum system in the country. It moves over 30,000 cubic feet of air per minute! This mighty air duct vacuum eliminates any possibly of contaminating your home with uncontained debris.
- Is all Debris Whisked out of the House? Yes. Our state-of-the-art vacuum unit is mounted in our exclusive “Duct Truck”, which of course is parked outside your home. In addition, our extremely large diameter vacuum hose pulls the dust out of your home very quickly.
- Do you Clean the Interior Walls of the Ducts? Yes. We send a powerful whip line down each duct to vigorously agitate and dislodge caked on dust and debris. The whipping action scrubs every square inch within both round and rectangular shaped ducts.
- Do you Disinfect the Ducts after they’ve been Cleaned? Yes. After all dust and debris has been removed, we mist the entire air duct system with our patented Empowered Water to disinfect and sanitize. This environmentally friendly spray eliminates harmful mold, mildew, bacteria, viruses and other germs while releasing ZERO toxins into your home. Empowerer Water is exclusive to Zerorez.
- Do you have a Guarantee? Yes. We offer a 30-day complete satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concern at all, we will make it right. In addition to our guarantee, you will have additional peace of mind knowing all our technicians are licensed, bonded and insured. Give us a call today at (770) 242-1313, or schedule an air duct appointment now!